Ft. Willoughy / Garrison House
Ft. Willoughby (formerly Ft. Frederik) was constructed by the British during their occupation of St Thomas beginning in 1802. It was constructed on the site of the original Danish fortification, guarding the entrance to the harbor. It is one of three sites on Hassel Island owned by the Virgin Islands Government, the other two being Cowell's Battery/Signal Station and the "Garrison House" just to the north of the fort.
Ft Willoughby and gun battery
Ft. Willoughby showing severe erosion under southeast side
The "Garrison House" at Ft Willoughby
Close-up of the "Garrison House"